Friday, December 28, 2012

Friday cat blogging

mortyface.jpg
On these cold dark winter mornings, I awake to the discovery that something has come between the humans in the bed. If I could see, which I can't in the dark, I'd find a face like this one installed inches away on the pillow. Morty has decided he likes the spot where the pillows and bedcovers meet and appropriates it once we've dozed off. I don't even know he is there, unless I reach across, expecting skin and encountering fur.

When I think about it, it makes me a little anxious to find a creature who doesn't seem to appreciate the damage teeth and claws can do ensconced just inches from my face. What if he stretches? The claws come out then ...

But so far we coexist peacefully, Mr. Furry Brain and his human servants.

1 comment:

Rain Trueax said...

We have a cat that also has appropriated that position and I have had the same thoughts you have about how closely we live to these little creatures who are after all animals with teeth and claws. I wouldn't live any other way though.